Backup, Storage & Recovery. Your Data Is At The Heart Of Your Enterprise
Backup & Storage
Data protection services ensure that your information is always available when you need it. Proper data protection is also critical to meeting business and regulatory demands.
Data loss is one of the gravest threats facing any organization today. Many businesses cannot survive sustained loss, leakage, or corruption of their critical data. Unfortunately, a diverse set of risks threaten your information—user errors, external attacks, hardware malfunctions, facility disruptions. Add to that an increasingly complex regulatory environment, and data protection requirements can seem overwhelming.
Fortunately, CyberlinkASP offers expert data security solutions to ensure that your information is safe and sound and to verify that you are in full compliance with regulatory demands. Our data protection services safeguard your information and prepare your organization for any contingency by taking a three-pronged approach: data backup, data storage, and server recovery.
CyberlinkASP provides a variety of backup storage options and data recovery services to meet your distinct needs. Choosing the right plan of action for your organization depends on a number of factors, including type, retention time, file size/backup time, and recovery time requirements.
CyberlinkASP Data Protection Service
We provide reliable infrastructure for backup as well as professional recovery plans for losses and interruptions. With a range of data storage services and data backup services, including cloud backup, CyberlinkASP has you covered.
With the right backup, storage, and recovery plan, we can help you:
- Prevent data loss
- Ensure full recovery
- Maintain regulatory compliance
Recovery and Business Continuity – The Simple 3-Step Process
1. Not All Data Is Created Equal
Classify your applications for replication to determine the right form of classification by:
a. Revenue-impact, and b. Data sensitivity
Differentiating by price, technology or complexity, and sorting into categories, ensures the best value, protection, and reliability for each of your application tiers—never over-pay or under-protect again.
2. What Are You Trying to Achieve?
Know your replication and data recovery objectives. What do you need?
- Do you need to replicate and recover your entire application?
- Do you need to replicate and recover ‘parts’ of your application?
- Do you need to replicate and recover just the data?
Depending on your needs, you may require more than one replication; some tiers require different types of replication.
3. Understand Your Rate of Change and Bandwidth Requirements
- a. The Rate of change of your applications will impact the bandwidth requirements of your replication solution. It will also impact RPO requirements.
- b. The amount of data that needs to go across the bandwidth to your target site varies based on rate of change.
- c. Trying to send too much information across too small a bandwidth will result in poor experience and unsuccessful replication.
- d. In order to correctly determine the necessary bandwidth, you first need to understand the ‘rate of change’ of each of your business applications.
Understanding RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
RTO is the duration of time and a service level within which a business process must be restored after a disruption in order to avoid unacceptable consequences associated with a break in business continuity.
Like anything, it’s going to depend on your business needs. An RTO of 24 hours means that your business, after a disruption of operations, will be fully back-online in 24 hours (or less).
Understanding RPO (Recovery Point Objective)
RPO is the maximum tolerable period in which data might be lost from an IT service due to a major incident.
With RPO, it all depends on the overall cost of implementing a system and the cost of lost data. For example, if your business is disrupted at 4 pm in the late afternoon, how many hours of data are you willing to lose? Is 6 hours worth of data loss acceptable? No? How about 1 hours worth of data loss?
Key questions for you and our CyberlinkASP architects to sit down and chat about.
How CyberlinkASP Recovery Services Can Help Your Organization
There are many IT considerations when it comes to backups and disaster recovery.
Partnering with CyberlinkASP means that your data is well protected and you’ll be saving money by outsourcing to specialists who can recommend best practices and have already made significant investments in reliable, redundant, and monitored systems.
- Modern Tier 4 data centers (like ours in Dallas, Chicago and London ) are designed and built with the backup infrastructure required to allow them to operate on a standalone basis.
- Our team understands the need for maintaining critical systems and redundancy as we rely on their own network for availability. If disaster strikes in one location, we will have planned for such an event and will be able to retrieve your data from a backup location quickly to get your business back online.
- We stay abreast of the latest technologies and best practices and use that expertise to bolster the effectiveness of your own continuity plan.