While cloud computing continues to increase in popularity thanks to the convenience and cost savings it offers, many businesses continue to be leery of it because of security concerns. With proper cloud security, however, businesses can enjoy all the benefits of cloud computing – virtual desktops, mobile forms, and more – without worrying about damaging breaches.
In cloud computing, information and applications are provided via the Internet. The servers and most of the complicated hardware storing information and facilitating applications are not at the same location as the client using them. Cloud security refers to the technologies and policies used to protect information, data, and infrastructure used in cloud computing.
Companies specializing in cloud computing applications and cloud security use many methods to ensure that data and applications remain secure. Some common cloud security tactics include:
- Guaranteeing the authenticity of user identities and ensuring that only authorized users have access to cloud assets.
- Encryption of sensitive data, such as credit card or financial information.
- Logging and auditing access and use of cloud applications.
- Segregating and isolating client data to prevent accidental access by other clients whose data may be on the same server.
- Monitoring data centers for suspicious activity and hacking attempts.
- Physical security for servers owned by the cloud provider.
By working with cloud computing service providers with strong security track records, companies can ensure their data remains safe and secure.
CyberlinkASP helps clients propel their businesses forward by providing hosted virtual desktops, managed hosting and outsourced information technology, and online security services. In business since 1999, CyberlinkASP serves a diverse range of clients, including banks and other financial institutions, health care facilities, insurers, cargo companies, and credit card processing companies. To learn more, call 1-972-262-5200.