Part of keeping your data safe is developing a cyber security policy for your company, and educating employees about proper and secure data handling. Whether you manage all of your IT services in-house or use a hosted virtual desktop solution from a third party service provider, the following cyber security tips can help keep your data and company safe from unwanted security attacks and data breaches:
- Never share a business Wi-Fi network with guests. If you offer free Wi-Fi service at your business, make sure it is running on its own network, not your primary business network.
- Require mandatory password changes every 30 to 60 days. Changing passwords on a frequent basis makes it more difficult for hackers to get into your systems.
- Never use the same password for all systems. Avoid using the same password for every single system.
- Never store online passwords on your computer. Some web browsers offer to save and store log-in and password information, and this practice should always be avoided.
- Convert to virtual and application hosting systems. Virtual and application hosted systems are constantly updated and monitored for security risks and threats, taking the guesswork out of your hands.
- Have a security audit completed every six to twelve months. Threats and risks constantly change, and your business needs to adapt quickly, with regular security audits to expose potential vulnerabilities.
Keeping your data safe might seem like it is not easy to do on your own. Fortunately, help with cyber security is available from CyberlinkASP. Call 972-262-5200 to learn more about our customizable solutions for your business.