30 Jan What Are the Benefits of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)?
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology has made substantial improvements in recent years, largely in part to the increase in Cloud usage. If you have not tried VDI solutions in a while, or are looking for a cost-effective infrastructure solution for your business, here are some of the benefits VDI can offer:
- Reduced Employee Downtime – If an employee’s computer fails, they do not have to wait for it to be repaired or for a new one to be set up. All they need is the VDI app installed on any backup machine, and they can get back to work immediately.
- VDI Improves Productivity – Employees are presented with the same desktop environment, regardless of the computer used to access their user profile. Everything is in the same place, so they do not have to waste time finding their files, data, and applications.
- VDI Saves Time and Money during Computer Deployments – Since end users access content through the VDI app, companies can quickly deploy new or replacement computers, and for less than traditional computer deployments.
- Infrastructure Maintenance Is Easier – VDI environments are much easier to manage whether you do your own upgrades, updates, backups, and patches or have your VDI service provider take care of these for you, since all desktop environments are hosted on a centralized server.
- Reliable Disaster Recovery – If one of your sites experiences a catastrophic event, virtual desktops are not lost and are accessible from your disaster recovery site.
To learn more about VDI technology solutions and which ones are right for your business, contact CyberlinkASP today at 972-262-5200.