16 Sep Different Ways to Motivate Your Employees
As a small business owner, it can be challenging to keep your employees motivated. Unlike larger businesses and corporations, you could lack the resources to give your employees raises. However, that does not mean you cannot find other effective ways to motivate employees and keep them happy and productive, including:
- Implement a relaxed dress code. When employees can dress comfortably, they are more relaxed and more productive.
- Communicate openly and often with your employees. Keep employees informed about the business and how it is performing.
- Host employee events. From potluck lunches, to family themed company picnics, these events make your employees feel like they are part of the team and well appreciated.
- Offer benefits. Many employees remain with lower paying employers simply because they offer health insurance, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits.
- Have “bring-your-pet/child/spouse-to-work” days. Setting aside special days where employees can bring in their family members or pets, shows you care not only for the employees, but also their families.
- Reward employees in person. Thanking employees and recognizing their accomplishments in person goes much further than sending an email.
- Create traditions. Start special traditions, like Halloween costume contests, Thanksgiving and holiday potluck dinners, and supporting local charity organizations.
As you can see, there are several different ways to motivate employees without having to give raises all of the time. However, that does not mean you should forgo raises altogether. Give raises periodically when the business can afford them.
For assistance with remote desktop services and Cloud-based solutions for small businesses, contact CyberlinkASP today at 972-262-5200.