30 Mar Five Hidden Features of Google Docs You Should Know
Posted in Cloud Hosting Insights
Google Docs makes it easy to collaborate on projects online, share documents, and more by allowing people to tap into desktop virtualization, as long as they have access to the Internet. Most people are aware of the generalized features found within Google Docs, but are surprised to learn there are several other “hidden” features, just waiting for them to tap into to become more productive.
- Translate documents into other languages. Quickly translate a document into other languages by accessing Tools – Translate Document to import it into a new document in the selected language.
- Create a table of contents automatically. Have a large document with multiple contributors and want to jump quickly between sections? Create a table of contents with quick links to specific locations within the document.
- Enter math and science equations with the Equation Toolbar. Quickly add a new equation by enabling the Equation Toolbar into your documents. (Click on View – Show Equation Toolbar – New Equation).
- Embed your Google Docs into web pages. You can add newsletters, supporting documents, and more to your websites right from within Google Docs by simply clicking File – Publish to the Web.
- Hands-free input using your voice. You can type and add text to documents by using the Voice Typing feature. All you need is a headset with a microphone. To enable this feature click on Tools – Voice Typing.
It is worth mentioning that these are just a few of the many “hidden” features you can find in Google Docs. Feel free to contact CyberlinkASP at (972) 262-5200 today and speak to a representative to learn more about our cost-effective Cloud and remote desktop services.